Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Birthday Bash for a Real Special Lady.

The invitation read:
"Like sand in the Joe City wash,
so are the days of Darcy’s life.
Come celebrate Darcy’s 47 years of celibacy!
The festive occasion requires festive wear.
Grass skirts, coconut bra’s, etc.
are mandatory.
Place: Julie Clifford’s back yard
(aka Eleanor’s Secret Garden)
Time: 6:00 p.m.
(Happy hour 6:00 – 7:00, last call 9:00)
Date: August 29, 2009
Keep this info under your grass skirt,
Darcy is unaware of her peril."
And come they did! Festive wear & all!
Toya was so proud of her grass skirt.
Mike was so proud of his Hawaiin shirt! (Well not really, it just rhymed so well). I think he was asking for the hula dancers. We did tell him it was a luau but hey, he's livin' on Porter Ave. & Julie & I in our grass skirts & the irrigation ditch running in the back yard is the closest he's gonna get to the islands around here!
Elizabeth & Jordan led us in some great "Parlor" games! There were moments when I felt we could have been in the scene from the classic musical Scrooge playing "The Ministers Cat". Mike would have played the part of Scrooge, except we could hear him. I know how fond he is of that movie. Every Christmas he does his best to avoid it!
Liz & Jordan also put together a power point presentation titled,
"Nuggets of Wisdom from Miss Combs"
It was great! The party was sooo much fun, I laughed so hard I went home with a headache!
In the end Darcy reminded us that she was 48 not 47 years old!


5 comments:

  1. Your blogs are totally worth the wait! That looks like a really good time. Did you get to use Julie's dollar store "AHOLA" sign? I can't get enough of that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a blast :) happy belated to miss darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a classic celebration done right, Joe City style. I want to hear some of those Nuggets of Wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Looks like all my favorite JC peeps, can't go wrong with that. And I agree with Steven, we need to hear some of those nuggets of Wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joseph City is so fun! I died laughing at that invitation. I have to join with the others in hoping to hear some nuggets.

    ReplyDelete