Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Founder's Day 2011

I always look forward to Founder's Day. I love that Ivin Lee wakes us all up at the crack of dawn with his anvil blast. I love that we expect the wind to blow & when it doesn't we are all pleasantly surprised. I love that the streets are lined with our American flags put there by the local boyscouts and their leaders. I love that there are more than a dozen tracors in the parade. Yes, we are proud of our tractors. The parade this year was the longest of any that I can remember. It was great! JD & Deanne Smith did a great job. We had everything from a boat being pulled by...you guessed it, a tractor to a bathtub & chicken coop with actual chickens rolling down main street. It was a great parade in true Joe City style:) Here are just a few of the entries. The Local Highschool Principal...Mr. Fields.
I always love to watch the native dancers. Something about that drum beat.
I had to post this tractor...these are two of my young women...real Joe City girls!
There's my son Nic "skiing" behind the boat. Annelie & Seth were in the boat throwing candy, with Uncle Brad driving the tractor.
You thought I was kidding right?
Here they are...JD & Deanne. Love the red long johns:)

I couldn't agree more!
Jacob Fields demonstrating that, yes, you can saddle up a back hoe.
The Baird's did a great job representing all of us John McLaws descendants...I still can't believe that car runs!
Here are my three Joe City kids. "Joe City born, Joe city Bred"

It was another great Founder's day...thanks to all those responsible:)

1 comment:

  1. It was a great day! Gorgeous weather, fun company and a fresh fountain drink from Speedy's! ;) Happy Founders Day to Joe City!

    ReplyDelete