Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Saturday in the park, I think it was the 4th of July!"

The 4th of July has come & gone & I am finally sitting down to write about it! I love the 4th & I wouldn't want to celebrate it anywhere but here. I had fun playing with my new camera & I took way too many pictures to post on here but here are some of my favorites, hope you enjoy.
After the parade there was an opening ceremony where Jim & his scout troop raised the colors.

Jeffrey, or as I like to call him "Mr. Independence Day."
At last count Seth had about 12 otter pops!

Run Chicken Run!!!!
Apparently Julie is not aware of the child labor laws. These poor boys twisted balloons for hours & were made to peddle thier wares around the park until they came back with money in hand.
After all the festivities at the park, Grandpa killed the fatted calf so that Grandma could host a barbeque. Uncle Gale slaved away at the grill making sure his marinated steaks were exactly right & I had the chicken.
Mr. & Mrs. Solomon were there.

Here's Kristi & Cory. Kristi enjoyed showing off the "Love Pole" that Julie made for her.

Jody & Bobby were there to.
After the big announcement, Julie made an expectant dog for Kristin & Ezra.
Danny & Alicia were looking swell!
Now she's onto another nephew, younger & not so wise to her ways. Soon he too will be twisted around her little finger just like those innocent looking balloon creations she makes.

4 comments:

  1. Cat, I'm so glad you post things like this. It takes me right back to Joseph City -a little taste of home. I thought I'd make it back in time to recruit little Trent to the He-Man Woman Haters. I may be too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late Steven, little Trenton is a goner! He has already joined the ranks of Auntie Julie's minions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great pic of Jody and Bobby. They're soo cute! I love hick town 4ths! I was soo dead tired before the fireworks this year though. Um, what was the big announcement??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I should have been more clear, the big announcement from Ez & Kristin was that they are going to be parents!

    ReplyDelete