Friday, June 26, 2009

Seth the Mechanic at it again.

I was able to capture a few more Joe City moments with my old camera. I think this is an appropriate farewell to my little camera that has captured so many photos of the people, places & things of this little town. Seth the mechanic is at it again. A true "shade tree mechanic". Puzzled by the problem, he scratches his bum rather than his head. As usual, in this neighborhood, when working on a project you get the usual passers by who stop to offer assisitance.Nope, it wasn't Jerald on this particular day, it was Auntie Julie. Knowing little in the way of mechanics, she offered the assistance that only she can give. Yep, that's the "Ole' Do Gooder" out doin' good again. If it's old, rattling & on death's door Ivin can most likely figure it out.
In the end Uncle Gale had to be called & the poor ole' Beast had to be hauled to the shop. But all is not lost, I got some great pictures out of it!

4 comments:

  1. I read this post to Bo, especially the part about his dad. His response "Yep, that sounds right, if it's new and working Ivin wants nothing to do with it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have an ideal location for captruing the vivid moments of rural life. Your porch could be considered the social hub of the neighborhood -I think Lacy and Quizzy would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't get more country than The Beast. Next time we all get together, we ought to get a picture with it. I think we've all got memories with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute post. so are you getting a new camera?

    ReplyDelete