Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Saturday in the park, getting ready for the 4th of July"

Well it was really Monday, but that wouldn't fit with the rythym of the song. It's that time again when we summon all citizens of Joe City to come join us at the park for a good weed pulling session. And come they did. Both young & old & in between. Paul Hatch kept us entertained with his stories & jokes.

Justin pulled weeds while Seth tried to push him into the weeds.

Then they hauled the weeds away.

Even the "Beauty & the Beast" were there.

All the weeds were pulled, hoed, raked & hauled away. The park looks great. We're ready for the 4th of July celebration. Hope to see you all there!



11 comments:

  1. Hey Cat! I love reading your stories abd looking at your gorgeous pictures of good ol' Joe City- I wish we were coming out for the 4th of July this year. I'll really miss those fireworks :/ I hope you all have a blast!
    -Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this! How did I miss this? I really am a chump Joe City citizen.

    Your pictures really are the best. You could publish a book of picture about Joseph City. You just really catch the spirit of the town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Hatch IS the best! Hope you don't mind I stole that picture of him and Boston. I was too pissed off and grouchy to make it that night. Love your blog though, reminds me of how lucky we are to be living here...unbuckled and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Alicia. You're capturing priceless bits of life (and history) found nowhere else on the earth, and you make it look good! Make a book! Make a book! And with your touch of humor in it, that would be the final touch that makes it a classic. It would fly off the shelves faster than any postcard of my back-side!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "Beauty and the Beast" made me laugh. You caught her in her "Celestial Kingdom" sweat-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's because Joe City is the "Celestial Kingdom", isn't it? As for the book, that's the goal. You and Alicia will have the first two copies, with signature. Thanks for the compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a book w autograph too! You are so talented- we are all lucky to know such a great woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Steven, don't underestimate your "back- side", it paid for a monument.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great pictures! I wish I could be there for the 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The old Hansen ancestors had no idea that the posterior of their posterity would be helping build monuments in their honor! What genes! Truly Monumental!

    ReplyDelete