Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Annelie wrote a beautiful poem for her dad for Father's Day. She gave me permission to post it here. Annelie has a way of writing that really touches my heart...she is such a blessing to our family. I love this picture...I took it in SanDiego a few years ago, it was the first time Annelie had seen the ocean. When I decided to post her poem I knew I had to put this picture with it...
Derron & his little girl.
The mark of a father’s presence

Is more than a bill paid

Or of shaving cream essence,

Or a pipe system made.

But is the brush of a hand

Calloused yet soft

A tear wiped away and

Comfort found oft.

A favorite toy repaired

At the bargain price

Of a tight hug shared

And a kiss once or twice.

A swing through the air

In the strong grasp

Of those arms full of care

Which to love clasp

A pat on the back for

A job well done.

But still encouraging more

When that prize not won.

A listening ear and understanding heart

For a simple world

Seemingly falling apart.

A hand to hold

When life gets rough

A story told

When tired enough.

The mark of a father’s presence

Is something I often see

Fortunate to receive these presents,

Proud, his daughter, to be.

by Annelie Hansen 2010

4 comments:

  1. She is so talented, I love this poem, its so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem just floored me -so so good!!!! She is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was hoping when i heard this poem in sacrament meeting you would post it :) annelie is so talented and this is such a great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annelie is simply amazing. What a gorgeous picture, Cat! Easy to see where Doll gets her creativity from :) I hope Cory will be as great a dad as Derron.

    PS: Love the background!

    ReplyDelete