Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pioneer Trek 2010

Derron & I were asked to be a Ma & Pa on the Pioneer Trek this summer. It took place about a week ago. Here are a few photos I took while on the trail. It was a great experience & if you get the chance to participate in one of these, take it, you won't regret it.
This was our family, I was the mother of twelve for four days, six boys & six girls. We named ourselves the Jones's & this was our cheer..."We're the Jones's, try to keep up!"

Tis' better far for us to strive...


Our useless cares from us to drive...
Do this and Joy.... your heart will swell...
And that's exactly what happened. This will always be one of my favorite experiences. It was not easy & there were situations I did not enjoy, (like sleeping on the ground under the stars while the wind blew all night) but what I gained far outweighed it all.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad they let you take pictures (or did you have to sneak the camera past the pioneer police?). I really wish I could have gone! I love to hear the kids talk about all of the neat experiences and FUN they had! I bet you and Uncle Derron made for a really great Ma and Pa. Thank you for sharing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics! Pioneer stories have always been my favorite, hopefully me and Beau can be a Ma and Pa someday!

    ReplyDelete