Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Easter Bailout!

Another Easter has come & gone. It was a typical Easter here, rain & snow yesterday & windy today. But in Grandma's back yard you can hide from the wind. Grandma is known for her extravagant easter egg hunts, her pinata parties are unequaled. But this year Grandma hasn't been feeling very good. As she lay on her couch under her blanket with her feet up, oxygen machine at her side, she asked if I could take care of the Easter Egg Hunt this year. Of course I told her yes. I am always willing to help her out whenever she needs it. I immediately started planning in my mind all the preparations that needed to be made, a trip to bank to get "the cash" & a trip to walmart for all that candy. Easter came & I hurried over to Grandma's to organize all the Easter Bunny helpers (Derron & Justin) in order to get all the candy hidden before all of Grandma's little guests arrived.



He's hiding his ears under that hat.
Here I am, giving out money to anyone with their hand out, pleading their worthiness. "I have two marshmallow eggs"!
Back off Mike, she's a republican!


Now that they have what they came for, they're off foolishly & without guilt, engaging in activities that are frivolous & just plain irresponsible.

Meanwhile a camera captured this photo of Grandma. Funny how she seems to be enjoying herself. Look at her in her rocker. Her feet aren't up, no blanket. She seems to be smiling. She even has her hair curled. I'm beginning to think I've just been scammed! Could Grandma be a Democrat? I can't believe this!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad this was the first thing I read when I woke up. What a GREAT post! THat picture of Jill is just too much, and you captured the Deputy perfectly. Thank you so much for putting The Hunt on. We all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun, Jessica is always telling me how awesome you are, it looks like she is right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat that picture of Mike sure looks like he's trying to kiss Julie!! she needs a bat to keep the dude at arms length.
    cute blog, have fun with it I just love blogging.chek mine out thru Jessica's.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I have you and Alicia posting these things. This post brought me back to Joe town, and I felt a little homesick.
    The Senior Chief is breaking all his own rules! I guess we can throw the CODE out the window. If he's romancing the "girl next door", I guess I have permission to do the same. It's about time. However, he'll never get the girl if he can't find a more suitable ring for her.

    ReplyDelete