Monday, April 6, 2009

A Walk with Seth

Now that I know Seth can walk a ways I thought today I would ditch the stroller & let him walk with me to the post office to get the mail. The post office is a mile from our home, so we had a two mile walk today & he ran most of the way!



This little boy loves to run!

Walking with Seth today reminded me of how we lose our curiosity for the things around us as we get older. We are usually focused on the destination & pay little attention to the sights & sounds along the way. Seth looked through every door, climbed every fence & threw as many rocks as he could.


Along the way we ran into some friends.







Our walk to the post office today took twice as long as it usually does, but it was worth it. Seth ran all his energy out, came home, had a good nap & I have some fun memories & fun pictures & I was able to finish cleaning my house while he slept! Priceless.











7 comments:

  1. cat, its been ages!! i was excited to stumble onto your blog. your little seth is a doll. im excited to see pics of your other kids. i can't believe how many you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He took the jerky? The temptress chalks up another victory. Who knew that main street of ol' Joe City had so many good spots for photo ops? I really like the one of Seth looking through that old door. It's classic. Great post! I'm so glad you've decided to do us all a favor and blog this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seth makes Joe City look great! These pictures are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunty "Temptress" has a way the the children doesn't she. Thanks Steven for your kind compliments, they spur me on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take such great pictures! We should do an activity w/the YW and you could show us some of your tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this post very much. It just makes me miss home that much more...but it was nice to see my little nephew and get to know him a little better. I love that I am so close to Hank and his family and get to enjoy them all the time but I sure do dislike that I don't get to spent as much time with seth as I was able to with Annelie and Nick at that age before he grows up and hanging out with your Aunt is just....well not as fun anymore. I do love that boy though. Well Cat I love your kids, can't wait till my next trip up north.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always cracks me up when I see pictures of Ivin on people's blogs! He's always up to some kind of trouble that people like to blog about! ☺

    ReplyDelete