Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy 29th Julie!

I think Niclaas said it best when we were sitting down eating lunch after church on Sunday, he looked out the window & across the street & said "Mom, I love when Aunt Julie is with us, she makes everything better". Nic doesn't ever express himself much but he has always been a deep thinker & when he does decide to express himself we always listen. Niclaas has always loved his Aunt Julie. She's the one who gave him his nickname "Pickle". She loved to tease him with her "wicked witch" voice, "Let me feel your finger little boy". I knew he loved her because every time she said it he would stand there & hold out his finger. He wouldn't do that for anyone else! She has a way of endearing herself to her nieces & nephews like no one I have ever seen.
On a personal note I will just say that I completely agree with Nic, she does make things better. She is a great example to me & I am a better person for knowing her. We've walked & talked for miles, laughed & cried together. She is my sister & I love her.

3 comments:

  1. What great pictures!

    Aunt Julie really is the best! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she gets the Trick or (spa) Treatment she deserves this year!

    ReplyDelete