Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Time in Joseph City




It's spring here in Joseph City. I'm sure it is in other places to, but it's not like it is here. The other morning after my early morning walk I was enjoying the sounds of the birds. The birds were accompanied by the sound of coyotes crying in the distance, It is mating season after all, & the sound of my neighbors donkey eeeeaaah! Aah, the sounds of spring.We have the expected winds but the past week has been gorgeous weather. It is this time of the year when everyone is out cleaning up there property, discing the fields, burning the lawns & setting aflame the irrigation ditches & fence lines. On Sunday we were all reminded , from the pulpit, to get our burn permits from the fire department before we do our burning. This is a new thing for us the citizens of this little town. Our property is ours & we are a little rebellious when it comes to any one telling us what we can & cannot do with our property. I myself am guilty of this. I could be seen a couple of weeks ago in my back ditch toting a propane bottle with a weed burner attached burning every dried weed & blade of grass within the reach of my torch. Did I have a permit? Well, no. I mean Hell No!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cat!! Kristi just forwarded me your blog address. I'm so excited you have one. I'm not the best at updating mine, but I'm trying to get better. I love your simple life in Joseph City...can't wait to see you guys this weekend! xoxo kristin
    ps. i can't believe how long seth's hair has gotten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See -the pictures you've posted alone are so worth blogging! I'm so glad you took my advice! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes a far cry from the H.O.A we have here. Not only do we have people telling us what we can do with our yards but they have even found a way to make us pay for it! But I have done what I can to counter act it. I did put up a clothes line in my back yard....I am so rebeliouse I'm sure. I do very much look forward to the day when we get to move back home and enjoy the comforts of the "simple life" once again. But untill then we will have to rely on our loved ones who are there to give us a place to run to when we just need to get away from the husle and busle of the city and just breath. Thank you for that :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cat you can delete the follower with no pic that is me and I did it wrong the first time I signed up to follow you. just so you don't think it is some crazy looking at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for it to warm up again so that Lacy and Seth can jump. Yesterday looked like the end of the world. Just as soon as I can, I'm scrubbing the mud off my windows.

    ReplyDelete