Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Sisters in Zion"


There is a group of ladies here in town that started a bunco group. I was invited in a few months ago. Once a month some one takes thier turn hosting. There's a theme to base our prizes & refreshments around. I hosted last month & I chose to do a "pink party". I served crepes with strawberries, whipped cream and of course buttermilk syrup. You can't get any pinker than that. Everyone wore their best "pink". My dear friend Linda was the "best dressed" of the night . We made a new friend from Winslow, Natalie, who was invited by one of the other ladies. It was quite the comical moment when she asked, not knowing her, if Linda dressed like that all the time. She now realizes that Linda is the queen of dress-up.
Buttermilk Syrup
Melt 1 cube of butter,1 cup sugar,
1/2 cup buttermilk syrup & 1 tablespoon
light karo syrup. Bring to a boil, remove from
heat. Add 1 tsp baking soda & 1 tsp. vanilla.
Watch out! It really bubbles up. Let cool a little & serve.
It's so good, in the words of my dear friend Darcy,
"You'll want to bury your face in it"!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm so glad you have a blog. Now I'll get a view of what's happening from the other side of Porter (please do a special post all about your hippy neighbor out back!).
    Secondly, that part about burying your face in Buttermilk syrup made me laugh out loud -oops! I'm at work in the department computer lab. Ha ha ha.
    Bravo -and I look forward to many great entries to come. (Remember: Larry's girl's don't disappoint)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm, this sounds yummy! i'll have to try it

    ReplyDelete