Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Wind has Stopped!

And just like that, it's gone. There's the old story of the pioneers setting up camp here to wait for the wind to stop & then they would move on. And then at the end of the story we all laugh about still being here. I want to add my two cents to the story. Yes the wind blows here, I mean it really blows & every year we think it is worst than the year before. But when the wind stops we enjoy some of the best weather ever! It makes up for all the wind blowing & that's why we stay. This spring has been more windy than usual. See there I go, but it is true, ask anyone here we all agree. When it stopped it felt like summer had arrived & Seth jumped for joy!

Well, I jumped for joy too but no one was around to take the picture. When I went grocery shopping I couldn't help myself, I had to buy a watermelon to celebrate the end of the blowing wind.

So good bye wind for now. We know you'll be back & yes, we will still be here.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures of Lacy and Seth on your header are really good! And THANK GOODNESS the wind has stopped. Danny was about to move us out of the state (cough: city boy).

    I love Seth's tongue in the picture of him jumping. Pumpa would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing about that good late-spring weather makes me want to come home and go out to the badlands. It's funny what you miss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there..And by the way Ilove you're stories...

    ReplyDelete